Sunday, July 11, 2010

Silk Naturals - Super Serum

(If you were wondering what 5mL of product looks like, this is it.)

This is the stuff I'd mentioned in my Apricot Cleansing review great for acne. I had to ween myself into this stuff because it's really potent stuff, especially for my sensitive skin. I got the preview size, it may look like it wouldn't last very long but I've been using it for 10 days straight and I'm just below the label so it's very economical. It will probably last another 10 days. I did notice it stung very, very mildly when I first started using this. After a couple days of continuous use, it quit.

I've noticed is that my face is so smooth and soft when I wake up since I use this at night. My makeup is applying smoothly with both synthetic brushes and flock sponges. It used to be my dry skin would show no matter what, worse with synthetic brushes. While it still does around my typical dry areas (nose and cheeks), it's easily mended with a fix spray. It wasn't that simple before. So that's a big plus. The dryness issue could be with the help of the Apricot cleanser as well, I'm not stripping my skin anymore. This serum seems to be hydrating it even more which is what I need.

Now for the acne part. I had a pimple that was brewing under my skin and honestly, three days later it has shrunk in size and it healing under the skin. With said pimple, it was going to be a big mess. You know those ones that are under the skin and just seem to blow up where no amount of concealer will hide the bloat of it and if you look at it wrong, it hurts? Yeah, that's what I had. The vitamin C seemed to help shrink the bloat of it. It was still puffed up, but it was concealable. This works very well on smaller blemishes, it just bangs them out really quick.

Be sure you use sun screen everyday if you are using this because the sensitivity to sun damage is increased.

I have the Facelift Serum to try out, so I'm not sure if I will get the full size bottle of this. We'll see after I've tried and weighed both serums. Stay tuned!

1 OZ. for $17.95
5ML. for $1.50
Ingredients:  Distilled Water, Niacinamide, Dimethyl Sulfone, Hydrolyzed Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seedcake, Thermus Thermophilus Ferment (and) Glycerin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tamarind Seed Extract, Sodium PCA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Gluconoactone and Sodium Benzoate, Green Tea,  Panthenol

No comments:

Post a Comment