Thursday, July 8, 2010

Silk Naturals - Green Tea & Aloe Serum

For reference: I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin. I've been using this for over a month, so I feel I can give a proper review.

This is a nice, light hydrating serum. I've been using it as a facial lotion for the summer months because the thought of layering typical moisturizer is just a no-go with the heat. I let it sink in for about 30 minutes before applying makeup. I've applied foundation 5-10 minutes after, I found the serum peeled because it hadn't fully sunken in.

It comes in a pump bottle, but beware, it comes out fast. Two pumps is all I need for a light cover. Three is good for extra needed moisture. Once applied it kind of has a cooling effect. I'd imagine if you got some sun on your face, it would feel good and with the aloe, it will help soothe. Having used it for a month, I'm still over the label. Meaning, I have been using this twice everyday and that's a buttload to have left. For the money, it will last a long time.

It's a clear thin liquid, such as a serum would look like. Great for layering, which I will try in the cooler months when hydration is crucial to me. It doesn't contain any ingredients that upsets my skin, which is great, because typical moisturizers (drugstore 'n such) are heavy and break my skin out easily.

If you are looking for something easy for the summer months, I'd recommend this. If you want to layer different moisturizers, this would work as well.

2 OZ. for $9.95
5ML. for $1.00
Ingredients:  Organic Aloe Vera Juice, distilled water, Green Tea Extract, Tamarindus Indica (Tamarind) Seed Extract, White Tea Extract, Sodium PCA, Glycerin,  Sodium PCA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate

No comments:

Post a Comment