Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Silk Naturals - Apricot Cleansing Oil

For reference: I have sensitive, dry, acne prone skin. I've been using the Apricot Cleansing Oil for a month now, so I feel I can give a full proper review.

It's unlike a typical cleanser; it's, duh, an oil. I'll dispense about a quarter sized amount into my fingers & apply to dry skin. Sometimes I'll use a makeup remover wipe if I deem necessary. I do uplifting strokes on my face & use the remaining oil on my eyelids. Then I kind of let it sit on my skin for a little, scrub it around one last time to loosen clogged pores, then rinse while using circular motions.

There is only three ingredients which is wicked. I like knowing I'm not packing my skin full of fillers and chemicals. Just basics. No turn off smell. It does cleanse my face & remove all makeup. It leaves my face soft. I do still need to moisturize after. I also need to exfoliate to help slough the skin at least once a week. I've used this consistently for the month and not even near a fourth of the way through the bottle, so it will last a long while.

After a month, I've noticed my skin is glowing. It may not be as moisturized as it needs, this still does a fabulous job on cleansing without feeling stripped. My makeup applies more easily. I've noticed the pores on my nose aren't as clogged, but not completely gone. The pores on my cheeks seem smaller as well. No complaints there. I kind of had an issue with a break out, but it could have been my skin detoxing or a monthly issue. I've got another Silk Naturals item I'll be reviewing great for acne issues.

4 OZ. for $8.99
5 ML. for $.75
Ingredients:  Apricot Kernel Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Cromollient SCE
Shelf-life: 6 months

No comments:

Post a Comment