Thursday, July 15, 2010

No 'Poo: Take Two

This time I used 1/2T baking soda mixed with 16oz. of water. No apple cider vinegar rinse. For some reason, my hair felt really gross while wet. It knotted up and just became a gnarl mess. In my previous entry about this experiment, I'd mentioned how my hair took on a different texture after the rinse. This took it to a whole different level of different. I'm thinking perhaps I shampooed it too much since I used the whole 16oz. mixture. Compared to what I did before, this was about two times more; but with less baking soda. Maybe since I didn't have product build up as I did the first time, I didn't need as much baking soda?

How would I describe what my hair felt like? Like I took a handful of pomade and focused it at my scalp, just ick! Upon drying, it still felt like I had that sticky, greasy wax in my hair. It is texturized (piecey) as all hell, but looked as though I haven't shampooed my hair in a few days instead of a mere hours ago.

My hair color didn't bleed as much this time, I'm happy to report. I also have insane volume.

So I obviously need to work on what my mixture needs to be.

Note to self: Next time 1tsp to coffee mug. If that doesn't work, go back to 1T.

No comments:

Post a Comment